In June 2018, Housing Secretary James Brokenshire announced government will invest £1.67bn in delivering 23,000 affordable homes, with at least 12,500 to be social housing, by the end of 2022.
In consideration of the UK’s ongoing commitment for sustainability, energy efficiency and issues surrounding fuel poverty; a number of local authorities, housing associations and developers have undertaken the challenge to develop low-energy housing, through the design, construction and ongoing maintenance and operation of Passivhaus social housing schemes.
It has been raised by many in the built environment that the successful implementation of Passivhaus involves high level of engagement and understanding of the building operation by its habitants - so as we embark on the task of developing social housing to meet the commitments, is Passivhaus the right solution?
The CIBSE and RIBA South West join together to host a thought-provoking debate, with the aim to respond to this question. A panel of industry experts will address the key debate issue of Passivhaus in social housing.
We welcome speakers from:
Emma Osmundsen – Exeter City Council
Thomas Gaertner - SE3Design
Ulrike Macceriello – Hastoe Housing
Ann-Marie Fallon– Architype
Chair – Bill Gething
We hope to see you at our event.
- RIBA Member - Free
- RIBA Student Member - Free
- RIBA Friend & Non-Member - £6.00
Terms and Conditions
- A photographer will cover this event and the images may be used to publicise future RIBA events.
- By accepting an invitation or purchasing a ticket you consent to being photographed, filmed or recorded as a visitor attending the event.
- Cancellations must be made in writing to firstname.lastname@example.org. No refunds can be made for cancellations notified within 30 days of the event. To transfer your ticket/s to another individual/s, please contact email@example.com.
- Tickets to be transferred at least 14 days prior to the event. Complimentary tickets are strictly non-transferable.
- If the RIBA has to postpone or cancel the event the booker is entitled to a full refund of the ticket price only.
- On entry to the event you agree to accept and abide by any venue rules.
- The RIBA reserves the right to refuse admission to any ticket holder.