For our ninth South West Small and Emerging Practice Meetup in 2021, we are delighted to welcome Philip Waddy of Waddy West.
Philip will start with a short summary focusing on planning matters addressing some of the initiatives recently released by the UK government.
The introduction will be followed by a series of questions covering a broad spectrum of issues affecting the planning system. As well as those below, please use the space allocated for delegates to ask your own questions in the booking form.
- Planning delays: why are they happening and what can we do about them?
- Why is there so much inconsistency between the approaches of the local authorities?
- Is it worth just appointing a planning consultant as the process is becoming more and more technocratic?
- Permitted development: Is it a good thing? And can good quality of design be an outcome?
- What are the loopholes?
- Planning use categories: are these as ambiguous as they appear?
- Are planning outcomes becoming more difficult to predict?
- Is the evidence base on which planning policy is based inherently biased?
- Is planning too complete in its scope for reasonable and cost effective outcomes?
- Should breaches of planning become a criminal offence?
Please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com if you have any queries.