RIBA Honorary Fellowships are awarded annually to people who are not architects but have made a significant contribution to architecture. This includes individuals who have advanced its role in creating more sustainable communities, those involved in its promotion and management and those who nurture the interests of future generations.
The lifetime honour, conferred annually, allows recipients to use the suffix Hon FRIBA.
Those honoured have contributed greatly towards architecture, be they practitioners, commentators or teachers. In their different ways, they have helped to improve the quality of design and influence the delivery of the built environment in a sustainable and creative way.
2020 Honorary FellowsClockwise from top left:
- Pam Alexander OBE - Chair of Commonplace Digital Ltd, Ambassador on the London Mayor’s Cultural Leadership Board and Board Member of the London Legacy Development Corporation and Connected Places Catapult
- Professor Yolande Barnes - Professor of Real Estate and Chair at the Bartlett Real Estate Institute at UCL
- Jude Kelly CBE - Founder of The WOW Foundation, an independent charity dedicated to building the WOW movement as a force for positive change
- Sadie Morgan - A founding director of the RIBA Stirling Prize winning architecture practice dRMM, Board Member at Homes England and Commissioner at the National Infrastructure Commission
- Morag Myerscough - Founder of Studio Myerscough and of collective Supergrouplondon