Nevill Holt Opera, by Witherford Watson Mann Architects, wins the people's vote!
We invited you to vote for your favourite building from the 2019 RIBA Stirling Prize shortlist. Nevill Holt Opera narrowly beat London Bridge to victory with 28.8% of the vote.
Hidden within the stable yard of Nevill Holt Hall’s stable block, lies this equisite 21st Century opera house, acoustically crafted to promote young opera singers' voices and create an intimate audience experience. Find out more about the people's vote-winning building in the film, below.
The voting has now closed. Here are the results:
- Cork House by Matthew Barnett Howland with Dido Milne and Oliver Wilton - 9.8%
- Goldsmith Street by Mikhail Riches with Cathy Hawley - 10.1%
- London Bridge Station by Grimshaw - 24.6%
- The Macallan Distillery and Visitor Experience by Rogers Stirk Harbour + Partners - 17%
- Nevill Holt Opera by Witherford Watson Mann Architects - 28.8%
- The Weston, Yorkshire Sculpture Park by Feilden Fowles Architects - 9.7%