RIBA Speaker Tender
The RIBA CPD (Continuing Professional Development) programme is designed to help members and other delegates access the CPD they need. The RIBA Core CPD 2021 can provide delegates with all their annual Core requirement needs.
We are looking for appropriate individuals and organisations to deliver one or more of the listed topics included in the RIBA Core CPD 2021.
Services to be delivered
The RIBA Core programme will cover the 10 Core Curriculum topics. In 2021, two programmes of 10 topics will be delivered in two separate strands and formats:
- 10 Core topics delivered as on-demand content
The presenter is recorded in a socially distanced, professional recording studio in Crowthorne in November 2020. A two-hour video of the presenter delivering the content will be produced for on-demand delivery in 2021.
- 10 Core topics delivered as live webinars
The presenter will deliver three x two-hour live webinars between March and July 2021, from their preferred location (home or office) with excellent wifi connectivity (minimum 3Mbps of upload speed).
The tender process starts on Thursday 27 August 2020, ending on Monday 28 September 2020. Submissions will be evaluated by a panel of up to six RIBA representatives, and presenters will be appointed on Thursday 1 October 2020.
Expressions of interest must be submitted no later than 5pm on Monday 28 September 2020.
The RIBA is inviting appropriate individuals and organisations to express an interest in developing one or more of the listed topics in this RFP and deliver these modules in the proposed formats listed in the RFP document. If required, more than one presenter (no more than two) can share the delivery of each topic.
Topics included in the on-demand programme
- The changing workplace and its effects on productivity and mental wellbeing
- Developing business strategies: how to win work
- Procurement: how to demonstrate social value in bidding for work
- The RIBA Sustainable Outcomes Guide: looking to the future
- Building inclusivity: designing a truly inclusive housing stock
- Design for adaptability in a changing social landscape
- Radical heritage and cultural democracy: embodying diverse histories through conservation
- Future offices: design and the changing nature of the workplace
Topics included in the live webinar programme
- Principles of personal site health and safety
- Starting from scratch: setting up a practice in challenging times
- Procurement and tendering processes: navigating the current procedures
- Whole Life Carbon: strategies for smaller scale projects
- Optimised learning environments: inclusive design for all
- Assessing new buildings in sensitive historic areas: a comprehensive guide for designers
- Future culture: design and the changing requirements of performance spaces and community buildings
For more information on the tender process, key project delivery dates, detailed information on each topic and the Speaker Agreement for each format, please review the RFP document.
For any questions on this process please email Speaker.Tender@riba.org.