RIBA Conservation Course
In response to the coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak, the RIBA has moved all CPD to online delivery for the rest of 2020.
RIBA Members get 50% off the RIBA CPD Programme, compared to non-members.
Do you have a passion for conservation architecture? Do you want to develop specialist knowledge, skills and connections in the field? Are you interested in taking a route onto the RIBA Conservation Register?
The RIBA Conservation Course is an important step on the ladder towards a specialism in conservation. It will provide you with a framework of knowledge and understanding to support your decision making process on projects and enable you to apply for recognition of your skills within the RIBA and other Conservation Accreditation Schemes.
Who is the course for?
The RIBA Conservation Course takes place over six webinars and is aimed at architects and other construction professionals who:
- wish to develop their specialism in conservation architecture
- want to develop practical knowledge and skills in conservation
- wish to refresh their knowledge or formalise learning from experience in the field
- need to provide evidence to support their application onto the RIBA Conservation Register and other accredited schemes
Course content and structure
The RIBA Conservation Course covers:
- Module 1: RIBA conservation accreditation; history of conservation legislation; ICOMOS guidelines
5 November, 2pm to 5pm
- Module 2: Philosophy and Ethics, Current legislation, Policy and Guidance
6 November, 2pm to 5pm
- Module 3: Conservation in Practice, Collecting Evidence, understanding place
12 November, 2pm to 5pm
- Module 4: Surveying and Receiving historic buildings, International conservation & Conservation plans, management plans
13 November, 2pm to 5pm
- Module 5: The use of specialism & Determining and understanding defects and causes of decay and approach to repair
19 November, 2pm to 5pm
- Module 6: Determining and understanding defects and causes of decay and approach to repair & Conservation structural engineering
20 November, 2pm - 5pm
How to book?
- Access the course online via the RIBA Academy.
- RIBA members £350 + VAT
- Non members £700 +VAT