A hospice, a primary school and the headquarters of an agricultural not-for-profit organisation are among the buildings shortlisted from 36 entries for this year’s RIBA South Awards.
RIBA South Regional Director, James Robinson, welcomed the news:
“The variety of the entries was so encouraging, even in the prevailing circumstances, ranging from private houses to larger public and institutional buildings. The South has an incredible architectural heritage, with buildings that have the capacity to amaze, inspire and improve our quality of life. This shortlist shows that tradition continues.”
The eighteen projects that have been shortlisted are:
- Thames Hospice, Maidenhead, KKE Architects
- Push-Pull House, Cullinan Studio
- Claywood House, Ayre Chamberlain Gaunt
- The Gardener’s Cottage, PAD Studio
- Lovedon Fields, Kings Worthy, John Pardey Architects with BBA Architects
- Treadgolds, Portsmouth, Pritchard Architecture
- GHT - God’s House Tower, Southampton, Purcell
- Barton Farm Primary Academy, Winchester, HCC Property Services
- University of Winchester West Downs Centre, Winchester, Design Engine Architects
Isle of Wight
- Island Rest, Isle of Wight, Ström Architects
- Quatrefoil House, Hyde + Hyde Architects
- The Hoyland, Pinewood School, Bourton, Feilden Fowles
- Catherine Hughes Building, Somerville College, Oxford, Niall McLaughlin Architects
- Cohen Quadrangle, Exeter College, Oxford, Alison Brooks Architects
- Master’s Field Development, Balliol College, Oxford, Niall McLaughlin Architects
- St Edwards School – Olivier Hall and Christie Centre, Oxford, TSH Architects
- The Story Museum, Oxford, Purcell with Ramboll and RFK Architects
- CABI Headquarters, Wallingford, Scott Brownrigg.
All shortlisted projects will be assessed by a regional jury with the winning projects announced later this Spring.
The shortlist for the RIBA Stirling Prize for the best building of the year will then be drawn from the RIBA National Award-winning projects, and the Stirling Prize winner will be announced in October.
If you are a member of the press seeking more information on the RIBA West Midlands Awards shortlist (including access to images) please email: firstname.lastname@example.org.