Four educational buildings of varying scale are amongst the twelve buildings shortlisted from 38 entries for the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) Awards 2022 in the South West of England.
Five new and reconfigured houses will be hoping to catch the judges eye for the RIBA House of the Year.
Five projects are by new and established practices based in the South West including Benjamin & Beauchamp, CaSA Architects, Allford Hall Monaghan Morris, and AHR.
The full shortlist for the RIBA South West Awards 2022 is:
- Block House, Somerset by Studio Abroad with Material Cultures
- Creek House, Cornwall by Seth Stein Architects
- Fry Building, University of Bristol by WilkinsonEyre
- Great Brockeridge, Bristol by CaSA Architects
- Long House, Gloucestershire by Bureau de Change
- St Mary’s Calne School Library by Woods Bagot
- The Newt in Somerset Garden Café by (Benjamin & Beauchamp Architects
- The Red House, Dorset by David Kohn Architects
- Stanbridge Mill Library, Dorset by Crawshaw Architects
- UWE Bristol School of Engineering by AHR
- The Vincent, Bristol by Allford Hall Monaghan Morris
- Winsford Cottage Hospital, Devon by Benjamin & Beauchamp Architects
All shortlisted projects will be assessed by a regional jury with the winning projects announced later this spring.
See all RIBA 2022 Awards shortlisted projects across the UK.
Regional Award winners are considered for several RIBA Special Awards including the RIBA Sustainability Award sponsored by Michelmersh and the RIBA Building of the Year sponsored by Taylor Maxwell.
Regional Award winners will be considered for a highly coveted RIBA National Award in recognition of their architectural excellence, the results of which will be announced in the summer.
The shortlist for the RIBA Stirling Prize for the best building of the year will then be drawn from the RIBA National Award-winning projects, and the Stirling Prize winner will be announced in October.
If you are a member of the press seeking more information on the RIBA South West Awards shortlist (including access to images) please email: firstname.lastname@example.org