We've been working tirelessly to invest in a better digital offer for our members to provide you with the resources you need to achieve the highest professional standards.
As part of our improved offer for 2019, we've made some changes to the CPD recording platform, aimed at improving your user experience and making the process of recording more efficient.
Accessed through the 'My Account' area on architecture.com, the new platform allows you to easily add and edit CPD activities.
Start recording your CPD today - simply click on your name on the left hand side navigation bar and select 'Record my CPD'.
How does it differ from the old platform?
- Easy, intuitive and easy to use
- Mobile friendly, allowing you to edit records on the go
- Single sign on - no more signing in twice
- Download your records as PDF documents or spreadsheets
- Visualise your progress with helpful charts and graphs
How will the changes affect you?
We've put together a list of FAQs to help answer any questions you may have. If you have any further questions please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Why has the RIBA changed the CPD recording platform?
We have responded to voluminous member comments, suggestions, and feedback over many years on the dated look and technology, and on continual problems users have been plagued with. Developed by our chosen technology partner Meta Capability, the new recording platform has been brought to life by using user feedback, and tested by users before going live
- What is it?
The new platform allows you to add to and edit CPD activities as part of your continuous CPD record. It is easy, intuitive and fool proof to use. It can be used on any device (PC, laptop, tablet, smart phone). It also offers a front page dashboard that visualises your CPD progress for you.
- Where do I find it?
Using your membership number and password, you can access this and other member-only services through 'My Account'. Another good piece of news is that you only need to login once now to access any of these services! (Please note that to access the old recording system, you will need to login again.)
- Who is it for?
CPD – and CPD recording – are obligations for all RIBA Chartered Members.
- Who can see your record?
Other than you, only key staff in the CPD and Professional Standards departments have access.
- Do records start for everyone from January 2019, no matter when I joined?
You need to record CPD activity from the time you join. Using the new platform starts from January for current chartered members. Members who join after that date would start recording from the point when they join.
- How long will old records be kept?
Your old records on the old system will not be migrated to the new system. They will be accessible to edit on the old system until 31 October 2019. You will need to download and save any records you wish to keep before that date.
- Can I access my record if I’m no longer a member?
The service is for current chartered members only as a key membership benefit. Members can save and download their CPD records at any time. This can be done as an Excel spreadsheet (for the record) and as a PDF (for the dashboard).
Please note that the platform is a beta, as we are continuing to develop and improve your user experience. We value your feedback on ways we can improve the platform. To submit your feedback and suggestions, please use the My Account feedback form.
Find out about the RIBA CPD programme, fulfilling your CPD requirements and planning your CPD.
What do others think about the new and improved platform?
- "It feels and looks good"
- "It seems to be encouraging those who have not previously used RIBA online to now adopt it"
- "I'm very impressed with the new system. It's easy to input the information and there's plenty of guidance"
- "It was really straightforward"
- "It's great - congrats to the team. I recorded some CPD and found it easy and intuitive. This is a big step and one which has been eagerly awaited"