RIBA announces the RIBA International List 2018
The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) has today announced the RIBA International List 2018, a new biennial selection of the world’s best new buildings. The list of projects has been selected from entries to the world’s most prestigious award for architecture, the 2018 RIBA International Prize, the winner of which will be announced in December 2018.
From a tranquil chapel wrapped within a forest canopy (Sayama Forest Chapel, Japan) to the bold re-imagining of a grain factory into a new contemporary art museum (Zeitz MOCAA, Africa), from a UNESCO World Heritage Site (Wadden Sea Centre, Denmark) to a post-earthquake reconstruction project (Guangming Village, China), the RIBA International List 2018 features 62 exceptional buildings from more than 28 countries.
Speaking about the RIBA International List 2018, RIBA President, Ben Derbyshire said:
“The RIBA International List 2018 shines a light on the world’s best new buildings and most impressive architectural talent. Most importantly, this significant selection of 62 projects illustrates the meaningful impact and transformative quality that well-designed buildings can have on communities, wherever they are in the world.”
The RIBA International Prize is a biennial award for new buildings, that sets the global standard for architecture achievement. The shortlist for the 2018 RIBA International Prize will be selected from this list. The Grand Jury led by world-renowned architect, Elizabeth Diller (DS+R) will select the 2018 winner of the RIBA International Prize, to be announced in December 2018.
The RIBA International Prize is in association with the UIA (Union Internationale des Architectes).
CNN Style is the international news partner for the RIBA International Prize.
BA High Life is the travel media partner for the RIBA International Prize.
Wallpaper* Magazine is the lifestyle media partner for the RIBA International Prize.
Dezeen is the professional media partner for the RIBA International Prize.
NOTES TO EDITORS
1. For further press information please contact - Rosie Marsh or Zara Doshi on email@example.com
2. To download high resolution press images visit: https://flint-pr.wetransfer.com/downloads/99a80f6ad21d94d2a51ec2bedb2dd5e420171211170734/09e390
3. The RIBA International Prize is in association with the Union Internationale des Architectes (UIA) and in collaboration with Association of European architects (ACE), the Royal Institute of the Architects of Ireland (RIAI), Australian Institute of Architects (AIA), Royal Architectural Institute of Canada (RAIC), Province of Buenos Aires Association of Architects (CAPBA) & National Association of Norwegian Architects (NAL).
4. Wallpaper* Magazine is the exclusive lifestyle media partner for the RIBA International Prize.
5. Dezeen is the exclusive Professional media partner for the RIBA International Prize.
6. BA High Life is the exclusive travel media partner for the RIBA International Prize.
7. CNN Style is the exclusive video partner for the prize.
8. The RIBA International Prize Grand Jury is chaired by Liz Diller, founding partner of Diller, Scofidio + Renfro, with jurors Joshua Bolchover, co-founder of Rural Urban Frameworks and winner of the 2016 RIBA International Emerging Architect; and lay juror Wayne McGregor CBE.
9. The Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA) is a global professional membership body that serves its members and society in order to deliver better buildings and places, stronger communities and a sustainable environment. architecture.com
10. RIBA awards have been running since 1966. RIBA inspires and rewards excellence through a programme of regional, national and international Awards including the Royal Gold Medal, RIBA Stirling Prize and RIBA House of the Year. The RIBA International Prize is the first global award for buildings open to all architects in the organisation’s history
11. Follow RIBA on Twitter @RIBA | Follow RIBA on Facebook at RIBA Architecture | Social media hashtag: #RIBAIntPrize
View the RIBA International List 2018 here.