About the course
Architectural inspirations: Becontree 2D/3D
Saturday 29 January and Sunday 30 January 2022, 10am to 12.30pm
Suitable for beginners
Experimenting with different drawing techniques and modelling and using the RIBA's world class collection of photographs and drawings for inspiration. You will explore themes and ideas inspired by the exhibitions celebrating 100 years of the Becontree Estate while developing your skills and discovering new creative techniques. In a small online group lead by artist Wilson Yau, you will learn more about architecture and drawing and create your own artworks during this interactive, friendly workshop.
Suitable for beginners wanting to explore different ways of drawing using architecture, and for experienced artists wanting to refresh their practice.
- pencils (different shades)
- fine liner pen
- rubber kitchen glove (an old one is ideal, must fit your drawing hand)
- white paper: A4 and A3 if possible
- coloured paper, any colours, A4
- twig and bamboo skewer/toothpick
- masking tape
- pastels or crayons (any colours)
- eraser, sharpener and ruler
- camera on a smartphone or tablet (optional)
- mountboard or card
- scalpel or craft knife
- cutting mat (an alternative is a very thick magazine or piece of MDF)
- old newspapers
- RIBA Members and RIBA Friends: £33.75
- Over 65, student and unemployed: £40
- General: £45
Online booking in advance is essential. Click below to purchase your ticket.