The RIBA is monitoring the situation in regard to COVID-19. Any delegate who has purchased a ticket and is experiencing flu like symptoms will receive a full refund. If you have any concerns about attending this event then please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Future Leaders is a three-part programme, consisting of three individual half-day events at two-month intervals. It provides early career professionals with a comprehensive introduction to leadership through industry specific training. Sessions on key soft skills are delivered by experienced coaches, communications experts and thought leaders, while delegates also benefit from the invaluable applied knowledge and experience of some of the UK’s leading architects.
RIBA Future Leaders: Leading Change – 1 July 2020
Leadership requires agility, flexibility and foresight in responding to change at different levels – near and medium-term fluctuations in project volume and practice finances, technological innovations impacting on the profession, and longer-term changes to economic, environmental and social fundamentals. Leaders need to be aware of the impact of change on people and how to support individuals in response. Practice leaders will share how they are set up to maximise business resilience and minimise uncertainty.
Leadership coach Anne Fogarty will highlight people’s response to change and how to modulate communication to suit individuals, and illuminate how to drive change by leading up from any position.
This event is RIBA CPD Approved. It is worth 3.5 hours of structured CPD.
The quickest, easiest and cheapest way of securing your space is to purchase a block booking ticket, which grants you access to all three events for the price of two. RIBA Members receive more than 40% discount on tickets.
Speakers and coaches
- Anne Fogarty, Leadership Coach
- Dominique Oliver, Partner, Pollard Thomas Edwards
- More TBC
What will you learn?
- A mindset of change as an opportunity
- The importance of agility and flexibility in practice
- How to lead change by influencing and coalition building
- Recognising common issues that can derail change
- How to manage uncertainty and nurture resilience
- 26 March, Future Leaders: Developing a Leadership Mindset
- 7 May, Future Leaders: Leading Teams
- 16 September, Future Leaders: Alumni Social