The RIBA is monitoring the situation in regard to COVID-19. Any delegate who has purchased a ticket and is experiencing flu like symptoms will receive a full refund. If you have any concerns about attending this event then please email email@example.com for more information.
Future Leaders is a three-part programme, consisting of three individual half-day events at two-month intervals. It provides early career professionals with a comprehensive introduction to leadership through industry specific training. Sessions on key soft skills are delivered by experienced coaches, communications experts and thought leaders, while delegates also benefit from the invaluable applied knowledge and experience of some of the UK’s leading architects.
RIBA Future Leaders: Leading Teams - 7 May 2020
The second Future Leaders 2020 is devoted to leading teams. The best outcomes are achieved when the team and organisational climate sustains motivation and engagement, and when all members of the wider project team collaborate towards shared goals. As a team leader, what structures do you need to put in place to help people succeed? How do you develop their skills and enable them to thrive? And how do you spot and address collaboration road blocks? As project leads, how do you hold the line and push against consensus to achieve ethical practice?
The programme will be led by leadership coach, Anne Fogarty. For over 16 years, Anne has helped leaders and teams to maximise their performance, with clients including Douglas Wallace Architects, the BBC, Virgin Atlantic, Catalyst Housing, and more. She will introduce the latest thinking on team theory, explain how to enable and sustain performance, and guide delegates through a high-energy interactive communication exercise on giving effective feedback.
This event is RIBA CPD Approved. It is worth 3.5 hours of structured CPD.
The quickest, easiest and cheapest way of securing your space is to purchase a block booking ticket, which grants you access to all three events for the price of two. RIBA Members receive more than 40% discount on tickets.
Speakers and coaches
- Anne Fogarty, Leadership Coach
- Dieter Bentley-Gockmann, Director, EPR Architects
- Katerina Examiliotou, Architect, Grimshaw
- Lucy Picardo, Associate Director, Haworth Tompkins
What will you learn?
- The characteristics of high-performing teams
- How to harness the potential of diverse teams
- How to enable performance and give effective feedback
- Spotting and addressing collaboration roadblock
- Providing leadership in ethical practice
- 26 March, Future Leaders: Developing a Leadership Mindset
- 1 July, Future Leaders: Leading Change
- 16 September, Future Leaders: Alumni Social