New Ways of Working
Smart Practice, RIBA’s annual national conference for practitioners, has a forward-looking, strategic focus. It is designed to appeal to architects working in practices of different scales across sectors.
The intention is to provide a highly informative and insightful day out of the office. The conference aspires to give practitioners the head space, the fuel and the ideas for moving things on and continual improvement – at the project and the practice level.
This year the theme is New Ways of Working and will explore how digital design and fabrication, new procurement models and a culture of collaboration impact on architectural practice, enable better project outcomes - in terms of quality, efficiency and social value - and create business opportunities.
RIBA President, Alan Jones
Professor Mette Ramsgaard Thomsen, Head of Centre for Information Technology and Architecture
- Bruce Bell, Managing Director, Facit Homes
- Irena Bauman, Founding Director, Bauman Lyons
- Lucy Carmichael, RIBA Director of Practice
- Russell Curtis, Founding Director, RCKa
- Hannah Fox, Director of Projects and Programmes, Derby Museums
- Gareth McGill, Project Lead, Speller Metcalfe
- Jan Kattein, Director, Jan Kattein Architects
- Holly Porter, Founding Director, Surface to Air
- Katie Saunders, Partner, Trowers & Hamlins LLP Manchester
- Tomas Stokke, Director, Haptic Architects
- Carl Vann, Senior Partner, PTE
The full programme will be announced in due course.
Ticket prices (including VAT):
- Early Bird - RIBA Member: £70
- Early Bird - Non-Member: £105
- Standard rate - RIBA Member: £95
- Standard rate - Non-Member Price: £140
- Student: £50
Early bird ticket sales end on 31 July.
This conference is RIBA CPD Certified and is worth 6 hours of structured CPD.
Where can I contact the organiser with any questions?
For all enquiries please contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0207 307 3749.
Do I have to bring my printed ticket to the event?
Yes, please bring your printed ticket to the event as proof of purchase.
What is the refund policy?
Refunds will be given up to 7 days before the event, 24 September 2019.
Please note this event will be filmed and photographed.*
*The film and photos from the event will be included in a delegate resource pack which you will be sent following the event to recap on your learning. The film and photos will also be used in the promotion of future RIBA events and by the RIBA for communications purposes. Should you wish not to be filmed or photographed, please notify staff on the day of the event at the registration desk and we will observe your request.